Empire Activity Pack
Empire Activity Pack
The Activity Pack is the only paid activity on the site. The fee covers the cost of the materials of the kit as well as making a contribution towards the licensing cost of the website. Having a pre-made kit allows you to get straight into the enjoyment of operating without first having to assemble the various components. As such it allows the game operator to maximise the fun of the participants confident in the knowledge the game is being run correctly and with ease.
Purchase the Empire Activity Pack and also receive a copy of each of the other Premium Activities
Enjoyment Factor: 10/10
Teamwork Rating: 10/10
Leadership Opportunity: 10/10
Age Range: 14+
Activity Time: 2.5 hours (Variable)
Set Up Time: 1 Hour
Equipment Requirements: Medium
What is Empire?
Empire is a multi-layered activity game played out over the course of 2 hours. It has been designed to be engaging and fun right from the start. Teams are briefed with a carefully scripted ‘disaster scenario’ in which they have to start making decisions immediately; from collecting resources to deciding how they are going to operate as a team - called governance style. As the plot develops, the teams soon realize a number of things: everyone is important and has a contribution and their success depends on getting the most out of every member of the team. A second realization is that their team is not the only one. There are other teams who want what they have. How they cope with the developing events effectively replicates real life scenarios.
Building an Empire
In a whirlwind of activity, harmonizing communication, risk and strategy, one team will emerge as creators of the greatest Empire. In reality though, all the teams and all the individuals within the teams come away from their adventure as more balanced leaders; with greater awareness of their qualities and strengths and the knowledge of how to further develop. The debrief at the end consolidates the learning outcomes from the activity, whether that be individual leadership characteristics or the fact that all team members have a pivotal role to play. It is not always the team that wins that has travelled the furthest or made the biggest transition. The debriefing stage of Empire creates further an excellent platform from which to tailor future discussions and activities aimed at specific aspects of teamwork and leadership.
Why Should You Run Empire?
People who take part in Empire are going to come away from the experience as changed individuals. They will learn valuable lessons about themselves, their unique contribution and their inner potential that will form a permanent and lasting foundation throughout their future development.As a leader, you have a number of important considerations to balance. It is important to craft your style around the characteristics that allow you to excel, while recognizing elements in need of development. Empire is unique in that it consistently delivers universal principles that all leaders strive to impart:
· Individual development and self awareness,
While also allowing participants to discover more about how they can continue to progress their own personal development. It has been extensively tested in an environment exactly like yours and has a proven track record of doing exactly what it promises.
The creator of Empire has extensive experience of working with individuals and groups and developed this concept over many years of improving and refining the various elements. Parents and guardians want to give their loved ones every opportunity they can to succeed in the world today. In numerous ways, the gameplay simulates many of the challenges faced in everyday life – you could say, ‘the real world’. Each individual is truly unique and has their own aspirations. What Empire does so effectively is help each person to gain awareness of their own abilities and from that, maximize the potential of their unique strengths. It equips them with a set of tools and life-skills that will help them make better, more effective and appropriate choices for the rest of their lives.
What Do you Get with the Empire Activity Pack:
- An Empire Activity Pack playable for up to six teams, including:
- Full set of shape templates in high quality 240gsm Cardstock.
- Six copies of each of the five newspapers.
- Six copies of the four separate education rounds.
- Six copies of each of the various special events.
- Stock and Coin Cards to allow for smooth transactions and the bank and stock market.
- A complete set of ‘game master’ instructions. These detail every element of the game, giving an overview that allows the master of the game to have all aspects running smoothly at all times.
- A complete set of ‘game player’ instructions. A condensed version of the rules of the game for the participants to follow throughout the activity.
- An Empire Set Up Guide – Details on how to set up for each stage of the activity and counselor roles.
- The Empire Timeline – A complete list of the timings for each individual element of the game.
- An Empire Feedback Form. A detailed outline of discussion topics to cover with both the teams and individuals after the game is finished.
- A USB hard drive with digital copies of each of the files used for Empire as well as PowerPoint Presentation for the stock market.
- A complete set of the other Premium Activities included in the USB Hard Drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Empire Activity Pack more than once?
Definitely. The Activity Pack allows you play Empire week after week and since it includes a digital copy of all the handouts, if any become lost or damaged it is easy to print off another copy.
What age range is best for Empire?
Empire has many interconnected challenges happening in quick succession as such it can be harder for the younger campers to get the most out of the game. Empire is recommend for groups age 14+ with older groups benefiting the most from the various elements.
How many participants can play Empire at once?
Empire can be played with anywhere from 10 participants to 60. Ideally teams will have 6-8 players.
Can you play Empire with the same group more than once?
There is a huge amount of value to be had from using Empire as a leadership and team working evaluation tool at the beginning and end of a development program.